When I started my home kitchen garden, I realized that there is actually an easy way to make my kids love vegetables and fruits. It was like hitting several birds with a stone because there are a lot of benefits that I got from it; my children suddenly became fans of veggies and fruits, we discovered a great bonding time together, we spend less on groceries now and we are sure of the quality of the foods we are eating everyday.
My friend who has her own home kitchen garden was the one who introduced me to this. She gave me the following tips that helped me start my own.
1. Make sure that the location receives good amount of sunlight and that the soil is fertile.
2. There must be a water supply nearby for the plants’ need and that the water from the hose can reach the farthest plant.
3. Arrange the plot so that the crops are lined up from the smallest to the tallest to avoid blocking the sunlight.
4. Add fertilizers on the soil to make it healthier, it would be best to use organic fertilizers or those found in a compost pit to ensure the plants’ safety.
5. Choose the plants that are in season so that you will not wonder why your crops did not grow.
6. Harvest the fruits or vegetables regularly, the more you do this, the more that the plants become active in the production.
7. Try out other crops or if the space allows just add crop varieties each year to maximize your home kitchen garden.
I am very glad that I listened to her because I am presently enjoying the yield of my home kitchen garden. It is really amazing that with such a small effort, I can get a lot of benefits not just for myself but for my whole family as well. I am really grateful that I started my own. It’s been great to have fresh veggies right outside my door and it has been a fun bonding experience for all of us.
Melissa McKyler is a work at home mom and has been organic gardening for several years. She loves having fresh safely grown veggies to feed her family and enjoys sharing her knowledge about how to do that with others. For more information about how to grow your own successful home kitchen garden [http://www.organicgardenanswers.com/home-kitchen-garden-3] be sure to visit [http://www.organicgardenanswers.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Melissa_McKyler/291330